Hi, I’m John Doherty. I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant and the most handsome man in Denver Colorado.
I currently keep myself busy professionally with:
- Running Credo where we help companies find and hire digital marketing firms, and help digital marketing firms get more sales pipeline and clients;
- Running SingleGeared where we help people find great discounted outdoor gear;
- Occasionally consulting with interesting companies at the strategy level on SEO and digital growth;
- Coaching digital marketing agencies through hard lead generation, sales, and company operations/team structure issuesl;
- Blogging intermittently on this site and more actively on the Credo blog;
- A few other side projects I haven’t mentioned publicly.
Who is John Doherty?
I am the founder of Credo, a company to connect great companies with the right agency or marketing consultant for their needs. I am also a freelance digital marketing consultant. In the past, I ran growth marketing at Trulia Rentals. Before that I ran marketing for HotPads.com, worked for Distilled in New York City (quoted in Wired here), and helped run Destinee Media in the past, which is based in Huemoz, Switzerland, the home of Swiss L’Abri, the community founded by Dr. Francis Schaeffer. I lived there for 2 years, spread out over a 5 year period.
My education comes from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. I took at B.A. in Technical and Scientific Communication (TSC), with a concentration in Online Publications (read: web development) in December 2007. Since then I have worked as an Implementation and Support Manager at a software company in Herndon, VA followed by a year-long stint as the Managing Director of Destinée Media.
In my free time I work on writing projects and explore my hometown of Denver Colorado with my wife, Courtney, and our very large black lab Butterbean.
I enjoying backcountry (and resort) skiing in the winter, mountain biking in the summer/fall, and bourbon and beer all year.
Leave me a message, introduce yourself, and engage with me in conversation about the topics I choose to write about!
The best place to connect with me is on Twitter.