Hi, I’m John Doherty. I’m an entrepreneur, veteran digital marketing consultant/mentor and agency coach, and the most handsome man in Denver Colorado.
I have four ways I can help you:
- EditorNinja, where our team of editors provides professional content editing services for agencies and in-house marketing teams;
- Doing an SEO Opportunity Analysis for you, to help you know if SEO/content is a viable growth channel for your business;
- SEO consulting/mentorship of interesting companies at the strategy level on SEO and digital growth.
- As a digital agency coach, coaching you through hard lead generation, sales, and company operations/team structure problems;
I’m also involved with:
- Advising Credo, the company I founded which helps companies find and hire digital marketing and web development agencies;
- Running Single Geared, which helps people find great discounted outdoor gear;
- Blogging intermittently on this site, but more actively on Twitter and Threads.
Who is John Doherty?
I’m a serial entrepreneur and business advisor by day, dad/husband/adventurer by evening and weekend.
Professionally, I am a 3-time six-figure annual revenue service business founder. My businesses include:
- EditorNinja, a productized content editing productized agency that helps marketing agencies and teams scale quality content;
- Credo, a company to connect great companies with the right agency or marketing consultant for their needs. I am also a freelance digital marketing consultant.
In the past, I:
- ran growth marketing at Trulia Rentals.
- Ran marketing for HotPads.com.
- Worked for SEO agency Distilled in New York City (quoted in Wired here), and
- Helped run Destinee Media in the past, which is based in Huemoz, Switzerland, the home of Swiss L’Abri, the community founded by Dr. Francis Schaeffer. I lived there for 2 years, spread out over a 5 year period.
My education comes from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. I took at B.A. in Technical and Scientific Communication (TSC), with a concentration in Online Publications (read: web development) in December 2007. Since then I have worked as an Implementation and Support Manager at a software company in Herndon, VA followed by a year-long stint as the Managing Director of Destinée Media.
In my free time, I work on writing projects and explore our home of Denver, Colorado with my wife Courtney, daughter Tatum, son Leon, and our very large black lab Butterbean.
I skiing in the winter, mountain biking and hiking in the summer/fall, and bourbon and beer all year.
Leave me a message, introduce yourself, and engage with me in conversation about the topics I choose to write about!