This post was originally meant to go directly on the Entrepreneur subreddit because it is a question I get asked over there all the time, but I figured it should probably live here in perpetuity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Long time lurker, semi-often commenter, first time posting a fresh thread here (as far as I can remember).
Whenever I comment on a post and mention that I’m a marketer and have consulting clients, I *always* get asked “how did you get/do you get clients?” I see this here, on /r/financialindependence, on forums, and different sites. It’s always the same question.
My tips are:
- Teach everything you know via blog posts, videos, etc
- Connect with industry friends and build a network
- Try sites like GetCredo.com
- Niche yourself down to get hyper-focused clients
- Hustle to sign your first ones, then use them to get bigger clients